Makes 4 skewers – this could be 4 servings, or 2 if you’re a meathead like me.
- 1 pack turkey breast steaks – approx pack size 400-430g
- 10g chipotle chilli paste
- 10g garlic puree
- 5g ginger paste
- 2tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- salt and freshly ground pepper
OK, so these are ridiculously easy and fun to make cos you get to squish stuff! Unless you’re a T-Rex, in which case you might need to get a helper.
- Cut the turkey breast steaks into 2-3cm pieces and bung it into a large bowl. Are you still using a knife to cut meat? Use scissors. Do it.
- Add all the other ingredients and basically just squish it all together so the turkey is well and truly covered with the yummy spices.
- Let it sit for an hour – the turkey needs to absorb all those flavours. In fact, the longer you can leave it, the better. So if you’re working ahead of time, leave it covered overnight in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to cook, pre-heat your oven to 180c or warm up the grill to medium.
- Divide the meat into 4 even portions, then thread onto skewers – metal or wood will do. I prefer metal, of course \m/\m/ Ooh or if you really want to boost the zing, and be all posh, thread onto lemongrass stalks.
- Cook for 25-30 mins, turning once or twice to make sure the meat browns evenly
Be careful not to overcook because the turkey would get too dry. That would be bad.
And be careful not to stab yourself with a skewer. That would be badder.
Easy as! In the picture I’ve served these on my aubergine medley with halloumi cubes tumbled over the top. Oh and a little drizzle of sweet chilli sauce. Too good.
Here’s a rough count of the nutrition per skewer – this is based on using 430g of turkey meat…
- 142 Calories (kcal)
- 4g carbohydrate
- 27g protein