This is a delicious and wholesome raw food salad with lots of texture and taste. No need for any dressing because the salad packs so much flavour!
- 50g Quinoa, Dry weight
- 200g Halloumi cheese (light)
- ½ Carrot
- 50g Courgette
- 50g Cucumber
- 50g Red pepper
- 50g Red onion
- 50g Brocolli
- 20g Pumpkin seeds
- 10g Dried cranberries
- 10g Raw cashews
- Rinse the quinoa and place in a dish or pan large enough to cover with 450ml water.
- Add the water and 1/2 vegetable stock cube.
- Microwave or simmer on the hob for 15-20 minutes or until the water has completely absorbed and the quinoa is soft. Add more water if needed.
- Meanwhile prepare the raw food salad. Grate the carrot, finely slice the mushrooms and red onion. Chop the rest of the vegetables quite finely (eg approx 1-1.5cm chunks).
- Add all the vegetables into a large dish.
- Cut the halloumi (or light halloumi) into 2cm cubes and mix into the raw vegetables.
- When the quinoa is cooked and has cooled down, fluff it up and add into the mixed salad.
- Finally add the pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and chopped (raw) cashews to the mix.
- Serve and enjoy!